Mar 8, 2009

Gele Day

Hello all, I'm tagging today as Gele Day... I'll show you some of my gele pictures, then later on, i'll show you the steps of tying a gele. For all the newbies out there, who would like to learn, keep your antennas up!!


I call this gele style, the "sunflower" style. This model also happens to be a talented make-up artist, she did her make-up here..



The Portrait of a Virtuous Woman, my mother!! I tied her gele and enhanced her beauty with a mild touch of make-up for her birthday. This gele is the aso oke gele that I spoke about a day ago. The name of this style? I haven't come up with one yet!

C'est moi avec gele...this is yours truly with another style of gele.

i call this the "rose" style

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw you posted this a while ago. I'm very interested in learning how to tie my own gele. What type of fabric do you use? If you use regular fabric (i.e. plain-weave cotton, thai silk) do you give the fabric a special treatment so the gele keeps it's shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one, thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely styles,keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiiiii my name is bukky am a makeup artist, i do nails and eye lashes artistry tooo, i loveee u gele styles am so interested cos i tire Gele for engagement too along side with my makeup work, how can i learn more from uuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!good work

    ReplyDelete

fashion/editorial

fashion/editorial
This is one of my first major photoshoots..

glamour/fashion

glamour/fashion